DVD Audio output

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by paiger, Jul 2, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know if you can send a DVD Audio signal to an amp via digital lead? I have SACD at the mo connected via the 5.1 connectors and am looking at the Denon 3800 DVD player and would like to have DVD-A as well as SACD. Obviously my 5.1 inputs are taken up so it would have to be connected via digital only. Can I use DVD-A with this?

Thanks

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    briefly,

only new flagship Denon amp 11sr and player 1A or something have new digital connection leaving analogue for sacd.

Else your stuffed. Sorry I went down that round last year, and to be honest I can't be arsed with multichannel music anymore and am dedicating all my time to building a cracking stereo (2 channel) hi fi system. Krell or MLevinson separates and THIEL speakers, its gonna take time but be well worth!

Good luck

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +892
    Hi

DVD-Audio & SACD are not output digitally. The new Denon DVD A1 has the Denon Digital Link which when connected to an upgraded A1SE or A1SR amplifier will pass these signals digitally but ONLY if the discs aren´t protected (most are so its actually pretty useless!).

Analogue connections are the only option for you.

4. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Yes it may be so, I'm not sure. However Queen on DVD-A and Natalie Merchant both play via the Denon digital method and they are new DVD-A discs. So if you really really must have both formats I would confirm that it does/doesn't work!

Good luck

Live To Regret It :eek: