1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Audio on the Yamaha DSP AX-630ES?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kaseryn, Sep 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Kaseryn

Kaseryn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does it support the playback of dvd audio discs? I just got a Limit DVDA900SE and a disc and its only showing a 2chan pcm stream on amp even though 6chans are being output over the optic..

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Have you got the limit set to dvd-Audio or :dd: priory in the setup menus? If its in dvd-a mode you will need to use 6 analogue cables to get 5.1 channel as the Limit does the processing and the amp only uses its power amps. Also will need to set the amp to multi-channel input to use the 5.1 analogues feed.

Change ti to movies priority and then you will get :dd: or :dts: from the disk if it does it. Also make sure you have all the speakers enables in the A Audio section of the setup menu.

:lesson:

3. Kaseryn

Kaseryn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one Dfour! I changed it to dvd priority and at first was still only receiving 2chan on the amp end even though it was showing 6chan dolby on dvd.. theres no dts track it seems.. the disc is Tigerlily by Natalie Merchant. I went into the dvd-a settings then and changed everything from pcm to raw and bingo.. 6channels :) As for the real dvd-audio and/or dts .. is that a limitation of the player? Could i get dvd-audio over the optic connection on another amp.. say the 757?

4. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    dvd audio cant be carried over optical or coaxial, due to copy protection issues. Denon link/ i-link can carry it afaik.

5. Kaseryn

Kaseryn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah i seeeeee... thanks m8.. 6 to 6 lead it is then :)

6. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
  7. Kaseryn

Kaseryn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent mate.. i was just panning about for one as well lol That looks a good deal, think i'll have one. Thanks for all the tips guys :)