dvd architect best quality

bluerum66

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hello,
i have sony vegas and i just edited a 55minute hd movie movie and burned it on a dvd using dvd architect i rendered it as mpeg2 best quality i must say it is looking superb much better than downconverting the hd signal in the camera and recording that onto dvd, im just saying that before i burned it to disc i was told that the 55 minute film would use up 60 % of the dvd i tried to fit to disc but was told i did not need to do that as i had enough room on it just thinking why i could not have used up more of the dvd and burned on 95% of the it which would have given me maximum quality, but would that have been possible.

hello,
i have sony vegas and i just edited a 55minute hd movie movie and burned it on a dvd using dvd architect i rendered it as mpeg2 best quality i must say it is looking superb much better than downconverting the hd signal in the camera and recording that onto dvd, im just saying that before i burned it to disc i was told that the 55 minute film would use up 60 % of the dvd i tried to fit to disc but was told i did not need to do that as i had enough room on it just thinking why i could not have used up more of the dvd and burned on 95% of the it which would have given me maximum quality, but would that have been possible.

How did you get that much on a single sided DVD blank,are you talking about AVCHD ? these are only 35m per disk,interesting.

If I read this right presumably it's related to the bitrate the best quality preset uses by default. Did you render the file to mpeg2 from the timeline before opening in Architect. If so once rendered the file will have a size related to bitrate used. Re-rendering the already rendered content in Architect to increase the file size to fit the disk will only make the file larger it won't increase the quality that you lost during the original render.

Either increase the bitrate used for the original render or let Architect do the render from an original HD export.

Assuming the above is correct then need to know what you used to recode the original content to a DVD compatible format ?

Assuming Vegas Movie Studio the highest bitrate selectable for cbr mpeg2 (constant bitrate) is 9800bps. I hour at this bitrate will need about 4.5GB.

If you aren't short of space no point in wasting time rendering using the vbr settings.

Last edited:
Hello,
yes i renderered the project on timeline before sending to architect When I render the hd film to mpeg2 on vegas i dont seem to get a choice of render settings i am using the template dvd architect pal widescreen video stream when i got it to burn in dvd architect i did alter the bitrate to 9800 but checking back on the dvd while playing it the bitrate is a variable one where should i be looking thanks

Last edited:
If you look at the screen image VKmast posted you can see an option to select cbr and a drop down to choose a bitrate. vbr pre analyses the footage and sets a different bitrate according to the content. This produces smaller files with little impact on final quality. If you don't care about the final size then cbr will render much more quickly.

To get a rough idea as to what the rendered size will be take the bitrate in Mbps (Kbps/1000) and divide by 8 to get Megabytes/second. Mutiply this by the number of seconds of video you have. Add say 5-10% to cater for the audio.

Hi,
Custom is blanked out i have got sony vegas movie studio platinum 8 i dont think i have the option on this version so which version have you got thanks

blue,
my screenshot is from the latest version, which is Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11. You might download and test with a free 15-day trial. If it suits you, look for currently available deals.

Last edited:
blue,
my screenshot is from the latest version, which is Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11. You might download and test with a free 15-day trial. If it suits you, look for currently available deals.

Ditto :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom