1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD and Playstation 2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hornby, Aug 2, 2005.

1. hornby

hornby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there guys,

I own a DAV-SC5 home cinema kit which is connected to my television using a scart cable.

The kit plays DVD's well with nice sound and picture through my television.

Yesterday i attached my Playstation 2 to my television and got a picture but my DVD cinema system (DAV-SC5) would not play the sound.

I connected my Playstation 2 to the television using the supplied connector which is like a 3-piece connection and to get the picture i had to select FAV through the televison and i tried all the functions on the DVD player but it did not have a FAV function just video1, video2 etc.

What could the problem be, do i need to connect my Playstation using a scart cable and if so what function would i need to select on the DVD player?

or is the problem something else?

Thanks in advance guys and i hope you can help :D

Hornby

p.s. do i also need to connect my PS to the cinema kit and if so how? their isnt enough connections?

2. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well, you should probably plug the two audio jacks from the PS2 (the red and white ones) into the aux. input on your home cinema kit thing....assuming it has sockets to connect other sources. Look for a red/white phon socket on the back of the home cinema thing called AUX or similar...

Not familiar with that one myself, but I know some of these all-in-one jobs don't accept extra audio inputs...

You could of course if you're bothered about audio/sound quality, connect the PS2 into the home cinema kit with an optical lead (assuming again that the device has a socket for an aux digital input). Then you could source a better quality video connector for the PS2 - if your TV has component sockets, use a component cable, otherwise get a RGB SCART PS2 lead...you'll have to mute the sound on the TV, however since this will carry sound too...and assuming your home cinema kit accepts a sound output from the PS2, you can use that instead...

3. hornby

hornby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All sorted thanks, i was plugging it into the TV rather than the cinema system.

Sound and picture are superb! :D