DVD / AMP / TV Connection advice

IanMcc

Standard Member
I have just purchased a Toshiba 36ZP46P CRT with component Inputs, a Yamaha DSP 750 amp and a Pioneer 575A DVD player as a result of reading these forums. I am confused as to how they should be connected up for best results, and some advice would be much appreciated before I buy the cables.

I know that for sound from the DVD I will use a digital co-axial cable to the amp, and for the picture I will use a component cable, but what I do not know is whether I connect the DVD player straight to the TV, or go via the amplifier.

I know this may be a basic question, but I am new to all of this, and am looking for the best quality possible, so therefore want to buy the best cables.

Anyone who can help?

Thanks, Ian

K

kenp

sorry Ian can't help I also need advice
I have topnotch component cable connecting Panny E85 and Pd50
giving worse PQ than a plain scart.
Any ideas anyone - thanks
Ken

samjet

Banned
i'll try to help but am far from an expert :laugh: really only passing on what i found out when i asked the same questions on the main plasma site

coaxial certainly should give better sound quality than optical

regarding connection of dvd to tv- the most direct route with the least connections should give the best picture quality - the onlt advantage of taking it through the amp would be if you had loads of components eg sky etc and wished to use the switching capabilities of the amp

i have a 37" viera and connect the dvd direct to the plasma via good quality component cables by the missing link although i am sure mark grant off this site could supply the equivalent quality

hope this helps

IanMcc

Standard Member
Thanks for the advice.

I decided to connect my DVD directly to my TV, after I realised that I would need another expensive component cable if I went via my amp. However, I now have a problem in that I cannot see the OSD for my amp to set it up.

Are there any other options rather than buying another component cable, as they are rather expensive, and I seem to have spent a fortune on cables so far?

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom