1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Adverts/trailers

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Gary D, May 17, 2005.

1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    I've been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks and i keep forgeting.

there have been a number of posts talking about adverts/trailers at the start of DVD in the UK - and a lot of members have moaned about it. well the its caught on - region 1 has it as well.

My copy Region 1 copy of Team America has loads of adverts on it and strangley the one about copyright theft (you know the one - "you wouldn't steal a car....." etc) that i thought was british.

Has anyone spotted them on region 3's yet - (although that one might be a bit late :D )

Gary

2. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I hate those adverts. I hate all previes as it shows you most of the film nowadays. I aslo hate it when to get to the menu of the DVD you have to watch half of the film in little action sequences. That just spoils it for everyone.

3. milfordkong

milfordkong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I hate that too, I wish a dvd menu would just be static or at the most a themed animation. I really don't want to see ANY of the movie / TV show before I actually watch it thankyou. Why they do this is anyone's guess.

It's only a little thing, but I find myself muting and turning my head when these stupid menus are playing!

4. leapfrog

leapfrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes I've had a few region 1 dvds with the trailers at the beginning, one of the most annoying things is some don't allow you to skip them, so you have to fast forward through the whole batch of trailers (especially on region 2), Disney has been doing this for ages on their overpriced dvds.

There seems to be a huge increase lately in the number of adverts we are force fed, have you noticed all those flash pop-ups that can be detected by pop-up stopping software on websites you'd think you could trust, my girlfriend even had a Debenhams storecard bill through the other day and that had an advert for the wedding date movie on it, where will it all end?

5. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The worst for this I have seen is 24 where on the episode select menu there is a still from the episode, usually a spoiler, i.e. baddie with gun at jack bauers head, or a previsiously dead character suddenly involved. Thanks.

6. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Yes i find the adverts very iritating.They will block you from fowarding past them next.