1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd adiction

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MrFurious, Jul 13, 2000.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,498
    Yes i am addicted to dvds,can't buy enough of them,bought the panasonic a 10 when it first arrived and last week upgraded to the panasonic sc-ht80,love it

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you mean about addiction. Every time I go shopping Stateside I come home and think "why the hell did I buy THAT movie ?"

Glad my wife is very understanding

3. Steve

Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's most strange but I never used to buy VHS films always rented most of them. But since the DVD crazy I haven't stopped buying them and yes there are a few duff one's in my collection to from buy sprees!

4. SteveH

SteveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mrs doesn't understand at all. When I work nights I'm sitting in front of my PC and I'm checking out all the sites and working out how much cheaper one is than the other. Still most of my buy's have been from DVDBOXOFFICE.

I think that they'll have DVD Buyers Anonymous soon, cause I'm sure I'm addicted.

Cheers

H

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We are all very sad I have even films that I have never watched but I feel because it on DVD I have to have it I mean buying the GReen Berets for God's sake... Shows how addicted I am

6. Kevin

Kevin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only ever bought a handful of movies on VHS, always rented them.

Since there's nowhere to rent DVD's locally at present I too have been buying them regularly (I have a collection od approx 40 so far).

Makes you wonder if DVD sales will drop through the floor when everywhere is renting them out?

7. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the enthusiasm to be a DVD addict, just not the funds (especially with the current NZ exchange rate). Hiring is pretty cheap.

I own about 20 titles compared to the libraries some people have ! However I still spend a lot of time on the internet reading forums, reviews and comparing online prices.

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i wonder!! is there like a betty ford clinic for us dvd junkies?

9. drdave

drdave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a bit of an addict, I have been secrectly seen in a certain "BlockBuster" outlet, renting the bleeding things for £3.50 a pop, now that is seriously bad....addict, you bet, especially as I watch then about 3 or 4 times, so buy from Canada or America and save a bundle...

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn right it's addictive.
    I find myself wandering around online, and before I blink, my credit card is in hand at some R1 site typing in an order.
    Is there no cure?
    Even lottery winnings, how long would they last?

------------------
    Douch!!......Wots da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

11. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just ordered 26 martial arts dvd's from an online shop.
    does that count as being addicted?

------------------
    Gareth.
    that fly....is your magic wand.

12. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have moved from ordering instock new titles to scanning the pre-orders for the new R1 movies....Does checking every 2 days constitute an addict, my wife thinks so?