1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Addiction

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Drunken Master, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I my names Steve it's been ten minutes since my last DVD.

As my DVD collection rockets towards 400 (currently 382) my wife is convinced that I have a nasty problem. Maybe on this forum we should set up a chat-room were people can talk about this problem as I fear that I am not the only one.

I even have Green Berets which is really pants. I need help!!!!

2. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect this is a common problem.

My collection has stabilised at about 750-800 discs...

I find the only thing to do is to regularly purge your collection, keeping only those discs you really want. This is because when the collection tops 500 you get to the position where you're so busy watching new stuff that you never have time to rewatch any material...

For myself I'm rebalancing my collection in favour of TV material as I'm first and foremost a TV fan. Once I've watched some more discs I reckon I'll have around 100+ films I'll want to offload.

All of this though comes to grief when you get an email from ezydvd offering incredible cheap prices...

3. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Jesus! I thought my collection was getting out of control at around 250! I know what you mean though it IS defineitley an addiction, I just love getting those pacjages through the post in the morning.....

Recently I've been trading some of the discs I'll never watch again and 'streamlining' my collection - works for me :)

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Well my collection is roughly 200 titles, give-or-take. However, I whilst I regularly go through my collection and sell unwanted discs, I simply end-up buying new DVD's with the cash I get! :D

I think I must be an addict! God help me! :D

Pooch

5. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've started listing unwanted DVDs on ebay - I find if you originally purchased at the cheapest available online price, then you can usually get back what you paid, sometimes more.

Beats paying £3.75 to rent from Blockbuster:D

Still use the cash to buy more DVDs though......