dvd-a1xva

klacey

Has anyone got one or getting one. Is it really worth £2800, ive heard its the closest you can get to hd using sd material.
Any thoughts?:thumbsup:

Timbo21

I've heard that something like an Arcam DV29 paired with something like a Lumagen external video processor may give you either as good, or better picture + you can put all your other source through the VP.

klacey

Some good points, i just like the idea of an all in one dvd and quaility scaler.

fatrich

i have an Arcam fmjdv27 (sdi modded) and a Lumagen HDP (sdi output) and its fantsatic:smashin:

regards

richard

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
klacey said:
Some good points, i just like the idea of an all in one dvd and quaility scaler.
Sure, but remember that most displays will not accept the A1XVA output and display it without further processing, which would largely undermine the high quality internal processing.

What display would you intend to use it with?

Nick

klacey

I currently have the infocus 5700, but im also looking at ungrading this too. Was looking at the new infocus in76 or 7210.

Thunder

Its just another big shiny Japanese box with no upgrade potential and limited flexibility. Get an Arcam or similar and a good scaler:thumbsup:

Timbo21

klacey said:
I currently have the infocus 5700, but im also looking at ungrading this too. Was looking at the new infocus in76 or 7210.

Have a look at the Optoma H79 pj. I just upgraded to this from a 7205. They can be had for £2500, & uses the latest Texas Instrument's Darkchip3. Much better than the 7205.

If you spend all that money on an A1XVA, you may kick yourself later. I know it's very desirable, but that may soon disappear if in September you can purchase an HD-DVD player for possibly £500, which will blow it away. External video processors can work on hi-def material also to improve colour & noise etc., which an A1XVA can't.

T.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom