DVD-A, SACD & CD (pioneer 656?)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wilber, Nov 5, 2002.

1. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've heard that this machine plays DVD videos nicely, ditto DVD-A & SACD; but what about plain old CDs. I would dearly love to reduce my number of boxes by one to make way for a dvd recorder so it would be great if I could combine my current DVD player & CD player (a four year old Aiwa deck so its not that good just better than my Sony 525).

So does anyone have any experience with the pioneer or other multi format decks?

2. sanejo

sanejo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I have a Sony 905, not DVDAudio but just about everything else.
    As a cd player I reckon it's pretty good, certainly better than my old Pioneer cd player, and for what it's worth, nicer than my old mans little Bose thingy.
    I think that all the big Japanese makers are looking to manufacture mid level machines that are above average in all areas.
    See if you can demo a selection locally, take a disc you know well, and remember Amp, speakers and acoustics at the demo site will all be factors. Although this is not an absolute test, it will give you some idea of the relative merit of each machine.