1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD A level settings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rockyglw, Sep 3, 2004.

1. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a Pioneer 575a and a Marantz 4400 amp with a passive sub woofer and Kef Eggs. I have set the SW to off on the Pioneer so that bass is directed to the left and right fronts, which are connected to the passive SW. Please can anyone help with setting the speaker levels when using analogue 5.1 inputs. I have a SPL meter but this can only be used when setting digital inputs as the test tone is not available when using direct 5.1. Is there a DVD A or SACD test disk that provides a level setting tone.
    Hope thsi is not too confusing thanks

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Your first problem is that the 575 doesn't offer bass management for analogue outputs.

Without that you're a bit stuffed...

3. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    No but the Marantz does allow a certain amount of bass management. Bass is not really the problem as far as I am concerned, I am actually more interested in getting the levels from each speaker the same anyone know how I can do this please?