1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-A daftness.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by paiger, Jan 8, 2003.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just took delivery of Eagles 'Hotel California' on DVD-A, my first venture into this format. I feared that they would stick it into a DVD case which would be silly. They havn'e. I first thought it was in a CD case but then noticed it's taller by about 1cm. This means it won't fit into my CD rack. Nice one.

I can only assume this is because if it looks like a CD then most of the general public (who are spanners) will assume it is a CD, even though it says DVD all over it. They will then bring it back when it doesn't work.

I hope that when DVD-A's start getting a CD layer as well, they revert to standard CD cases. Myabe then, my copy will worth a fortune as one of the originals. Not.

S

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would guess that's exactly the reason.

A little off topic but still relevant: the manager in my local convenience Co-op store told me the one item they get returned more than any other is non-automatic washing powder.

People see their chosen brand, see that it appears cheaper than the 'other' version and buy it. They then get home and realise it doesn't work in their automatic washing machine even though it states that, clearly, all over the packaging. According to him, it is often the same people who've made the mistake several times before that continue to make the returns!

Also, whilst I was in Tesco's at their customer service desk to have some points put on my card, a middle aged woman in front of me was returning a Playstation 2 copy of the Lord of the Rings game which she had purchased for her son believing it to be the DVD of the film...

3. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have purchased a number of DVD-As from the US and they all have the case which you describe but in my opinion it is much superior to the standard CD case.