1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-A and SACD connections

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sticker, Jul 1, 2003.

1. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your amp has only one set of 8 channel inputs but you want to run a dedicated DVD-A player and a seperate SACD player, what is the best way to get over this problem?

1) Interconnect splitters, does this degrade the sound quality and are some better than others, ie Maplin, Ixos etc
    2) Switch box, again this would seem to have an impact on the sound quality unless you pay silly money.

Does anyone out there run seperate DVDA and SACD players?

Regards
    John

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    In absolute terms,any method of doubling up the inputs via one set of sockets(i.e a switching box or interconnect splitters)is likely to degrade the sound to a degree.
    A potential problem with splitters arises if the 2 sources(DVD and SACD players) are ever on at the same time.
    I personally don't know of any suitable switching boxes,but would be inclined to put up with the hassle of simply changing the leads if necessary each time,or considering a universal player.....and I did see you have a very nice DVD player there.

3. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alex for you help.

Changing the leads over will be a pain in the provebial, it's difficult to get at, at the moment, but if that's the best solution, then so be it..............next, what SACD player to demo, but hey that's a question for another area.!!!!

Regards
    John