1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd 9

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by chris thomas, Nov 25, 2003.

1. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anybody heard of dvd 9 movies from malaysia, if so are they origiginals ? my freind says they come with the proper covers and hav all the extra,s on the dvd but for £8 for titles such as the hulk, freddy vs jason, bruce almighty, t3, and pirates of the carribean i hav my doubts.

2. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    A DVD 9 is a normal DVD, (single sided double layer)

Or is DVD9 the name of the company selling them.

They are pirates by the way, dont trust any thing from Malaysia, they even sell pirates in the high street stores over there.

3. davidwatsonok

davidwatsonok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I got LOTR TTT from them for £8 and it's better than the official theatrical release as it has DTS. For the money, and getting it in january just after seeing it at the flix for the 3rd time I was well chuffed. Have now replaced it with the EE, but it bridged the gap and being as I saw it so much at the cinema and always intended buying the EE set, I don't see it as a problem. Of course, I am gonna get flamed to hell and back for approving of a pirate. Boo-hoo.

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might say DTS but since its been ported over from DD version what ur gettin is just DD5.1 labelled as DTS.

5. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Not necessarily as I recently acquired Tears of the Sun from Malaysia which has a true DTS soundtrack as well as DD and have even checked it on my DVD player's bit rate meter. Not sure how they manage to get the DTS tracks before the US. I have also managed to get Phone Booth Superbit but I agree some DVDs from there are dodgy.

6. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,907
    Almost any dvd available can be found as a region free DVD9 disc complete with quality cover art, dont know how they get the DTS but they have DTS on the Star Wars SE dvds that are available which are taken from the laserdiscs, all I can say is some people get them because they can get more films for their money, I prefer to get originals but pirates, sure I had the two towers dvd screener back in febuary but I still bought the 2 disc and now the 5 disc versions because they are worth it.

7. candyrocket786

candyrocket786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably ran the DD track through a DTS encoder.

Your stereo may say DTS but its not.