Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dvd 25 Help..

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by clarky78, Aug 21, 2005.

1. clarky78

clarky78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I have a DVD 25 i have aquired second hand. I have connected it via component to my Hitachi 42PD7200 plasma, and the screen just scrolls, and a message 'incorrect scan frequency' or something comes on the screen. I understand that the 'hack' should solve this if it's because its PAL through component it shouldn't work? Is this right? I have downloaded the hack but it doesn't work. It says to turn the player to standby and hold 'clear' on the remote, after which it should turn on after 5-7 secs... it never turns on. Can i skip this step and just put the disc in? Also i believe this is not a multi region player without the hack but, i can play a region 3 in it ok, i say ok, it plays but the screen still scrolls. So does this mean it's already hacked? The hack also states to connect via composite to a screen, which proves the players ok, cause i get a stable screen. Can someone please help?

2. clarky78

clarky78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Solved it, seems it wont go through my amp, works direct down 1 cable but switched through my Yammy 750 doesnt work, yet my amp will atke a composite feed into it form the pkayer and feed it to the screen via component, very annoying.
    So now i have a brand new 1m QED component lead for nothing :(