1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD 2200 with horizontal lines!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kraal, May 23, 2005.

1. kraal

kraal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a 2200 dvd player and sometimes I can see horizontal lines :mad: .
    I have already changed the powerchord (now I have a Eupen) and the scart cable (QED AV4110).
    What can it be?

2. johan81

johan81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Connect your player, Monitor source (i.e. T.V., Projector etc.) to a grounded outlet! That was my solution!

3. kraal

kraal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    But the dvd and tv doesn’t have ground terminals!!!!!!!!
    All my wall sockets are grounded.

4. johan81

johan81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Even if your devices don't have a grounded connector, plugging them into a grounded socket does solve this kind of problems quite often. But as you stated not in your situation and I can only blame it to the interference from other cables that you have near the cable from the DVD player to your video monitor.

After reading your first post again, I highly doubt that you video cable is the problem (QED is quite reliable against interference and you already changed the cable), maybe a faulty DVD player (that it sometimes "loses focus" on the signal?)?

5. kraal

kraal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks,
    I will try my supplyer.

6. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    My mate had the same problem with blacklines on 2200 after having first encountered this with newly purchased pioneer 575a DVD player which Pioneeer said was a compatability issue so he returned the player and got a 2200. Some Panasonic TV's have compatability issues via RGB with certain machines and yours is one of them . Mates TV was 5 years old and well out of warranty. His older cheaper TOSHIBA worked fine via RGB which is why he thought it was afaulty Pioneer.

I take you have connected VIA the RGB scart input and set 2200 to RGB. If this is the case connect 2200 to the SVHS compatable scart socket and player to Svideo and see if the lines go away. If they do then thats your problem and to be honest your probably stuck with it unless you get rid of TV or keep try other dvd players.