DVBT Tuner Board ffor Sagem HD-D50 G4

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Randolph Carter, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Randolph Carter

Randolph Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own an Sagem HD-D50 G4 but I would like to retrofit the original DVBT tuner board which works in the G4T models. In Austria it is impossible to buy am G4T so i contacted Sagem Austria, but I only received the answer that the board can not be sold or shipped.

Here are my questions
    1) Does anybody know where I could buy this tuner board as a spare part? I thinkt that service firms should have such board because if one gets damaged they have to replace it?

2) My former humming HD-D50 GA was ´sent back and replaced by a non-humming DLP. But when I now set the display to the "4:3 to 16:9 zoom" the picture is not only streched, but on top and on the ground some centimeters are missing (e.g. the ticker on cnn has almost gone). I asked Sagem Austria but only received that ist is built as designed. Do your units behave the same way??

best regards,
    Randolph

2. talldave25

talldave25
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    1) A replacement DVB-T board costs 90 euros - if Sagem in Austria cannot supply, why not contact Sagem in France? However, if the TV isn't expecting a DVB-T board, the software may not recognise it, and does the remote have the DVB-T controls?

However, I would say don't waste your money - most of the software problems on this set are associated with the DVB-T receiver. This is a stunning TV but my biggest regret is moving away from the Sony DVB-T Set Top Box I've used for several years. I'd buy a Sony off ebay and connect it via SCART.

2) 4:3 zoom to 16:9 keeps the correct aspect ratio, so you are zooming into the picture and so will lose some of the top and bottom of the image.

3. Randolph Carter

Randolph Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for this hint...
    My remotecontroll has full featured DVB controll buttons ...
    If I hit them the set reacts and answers "impossible function" ore something else... I know about some problems but I would like to add the missing features 1st the DVB Board and if possible also the CardReader

I have written to Sagem Austria and germany - they sent my mail back to Austria. I have written to Sagem France, but received no answer.

You wrote the board costs ~ 90 euro?
    Can you tell me someone who sells the board to me or an adress where I can buy the missing parts? Seems I need your help...

Best regards,
    Randolph

4. Randolph Carter

Randolph Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today I received the Answer from Sagem France... They just wrote to me that I should try to contact Sagem in UK ...?? perhaps because I wrote in english.

Please if anyone knows where to buy the missing card reade or DVB board just send me a note...

thanks for your help,
    Randolph