DVBT Tuner Board ffor Sagem HD-D50 G4

R

Randolph Carter

I own an Sagem HD-D50 G4 but I would like to retrofit the original DVBT tuner board which works in the G4T models. In Austria it is impossible to buy am G4T so i contacted Sagem Austria, but I only received the answer that the board can not be sold or shipped.

Here are my questions
1) Does anybody know where I could buy this tuner board as a spare part? I thinkt that service firms should have such board because if one gets damaged they have to replace it?

2) My former humming HD-D50 GA was ´sent back and replaced by a non-humming DLP. But when I now set the display to the "4:3 to 16:9 zoom" the picture is not only streched, but on top and on the ground some centimeters are missing (e.g. the ticker on cnn has almost gone). I asked Sagem Austria but only received that ist is built as designed. Do your units behave the same way??

best regards,
Randolph

1) A replacement DVB-T board costs 90 euros - if Sagem in Austria cannot supply, why not contact Sagem in France? However, if the TV isn't expecting a DVB-T board, the software may not recognise it, and does the remote have the DVB-T controls?

However, I would say don't waste your money - most of the software problems on this set are associated with the DVB-T receiver. This is a stunning TV but my biggest regret is moving away from the Sony DVB-T Set Top Box I've used for several years. I'd buy a Sony off ebay and connect it via SCART.

2) 4:3 zoom to 16:9 keeps the correct aspect ratio, so you are zooming into the picture and so will lose some of the top and bottom of the image.

R

Randolph Carter

Thank you for this hint...
My remotecontroll has full featured DVB controll buttons ...
If I hit them the set reacts and answers "impossible function" ore something else... I know about some problems but I would like to add the missing features 1st the DVB Board and if possible also the CardReader

I have written to Sagem Austria and germany - they sent my mail back to Austria. I have written to Sagem France, but received no answer.

You wrote the board costs ~ 90 euro?
Can you tell me someone who sells the board to me or an adress where I can buy the missing parts? Seems I need your help...

Best regards,
Randolph

R

Randolph Carter

Today I received the Answer from Sagem France... They just wrote to me that I should try to contact Sagem in UK ...?? perhaps because I wrote in english.

Please if anyone knows where to buy the missing card reade or DVB board just send me a note...

thanks for your help,
Randolph

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom