Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dvb Woes

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dazzer123, Apr 8, 2005.

1. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone help with this problem I have purchased a Compro Dvb-T200 card from the (not) so wonderful Ocuk team and have a problem.

The problem is that the card says I have no signal I am running the latest drivers for the card the only one's I can get hold of and I can not get a single channel.

I have had an aerial upgrade and have full freeview coverage and you can clearly see the transmitter from my house, my freeview boxes all work with out any trouble I have tried various dvb card's with varying success the best I have achieved is a picture with some breakup but this current card says I don’t even have a signal.

The aerial guy said I have about the best aerial you can get it is a bit of a monster but still no freeview on my pc anybody have any idea's.

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are running this in MCE it will give you this very mis-leading message if you do not have any MPG2 Codecs installed. You need to install an MCE compatible DVD player.

If you are not running MCE then, I'm sorry I haven't a clue!

Dave

3. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes i am running mce and do have codecs installed although for the card to work you have to install it's own codecs supplied by Ulead.

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Run the codec checker and try selecting a certified codec just to see if it fixes the problem. You can always swap it back again afterwards

Dave

5. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have taken the card out now and have got Ocuk to agree to a refund guess ill have to give up on the idea of freeview in the pc even though i do get full dvb coverage i cant seem to get a strong enough signal to run a pc tuner.