1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVB TV Software

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by garbon, Feb 27, 2005.

1. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently got a Kworld v-stream pci DVT card. It works fine and gives good picture, the only problem is the package software its *****.
    I've tried showshifter and meedio. now showshifter worked but did not tune in all channels (particulary missed BBC) Meedio did not find the tuner card at all.
    are there any other programs out there? I did like the look of these two but have spent enough time fiddling.
    I have Win XP Athlon 2500+ machine :lease:

2. lazysod

lazysod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi ,I had the same problem with the V-Stream,I was told it`s the BDA drivers that give the trouble. People on the Showshifter forum have got round it by starting up the V-Stream software first and then starting Showshifter (too much hassle for me I had to do it every time) I didn`t find anything else to use so I sold it and bought the VboX,(brilliant) it drags in my problem channels better than my Humax PVR-8000T.

3. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply will try that method. I suppose buying cheap gets cheap!

4. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks now downloading will give it a try. And its free please work I like free things.

6. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Werner I assume you are runing it, when I try to install it asks me for .net version 1.1.4322 I cannot find it on microsoft site have tried version 2 beta but still asks for .4322 did you need it/download it if so where from? Cheers

7. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it should be the version on windowsupdate as that is what I have installed on my pc.

8. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that somehow it had been hiden. Working but same problem as showshifter as it only tunes itv channel 4 no bbc. I can input them manually but i need frquencies etc anyone know them?

9. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the bbc channels are on a different multiplex, and most probably the card is not seeing that multiplex for some reason...perhaps a stronger aerial...?

If you can see channel 4 and itv, then you are only seeing the one multiplexer.
    Do you know where the transmitter is? what it is called?

10. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes tacelston east anglia, all chanels appear on DVT software that came with card. have seen on other forums that the BDA drivers are not third party compatible, which would answer why showshifter meedio and media portal do not work. Maybe I will give up and return it, what card should I get instead? What are you using?

11. lazysod

lazysod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi again I had all the same probs you have ,tried all the software and bought the following cards V-Stream, Pinnacle mediacentre 300i,Hauppauge and Nebula (which I borrowed from a mate). I live in the SE of Kent and am not supposed to get a freeview signal and was recommended the Vbox/showshifter package from Kustom PC`s It was the best choice I made pulls all the channels in and I have recorded over 50 progs in 2 weeks without a problem thanks to Showshifter 3.11 :clap: Also have a mate with a Black Gold card which is very good

12. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    freeview info for your area in the pic below

I have a pinnacle 300i and dont get any problems from it whatsoever, but I am about 10miles from the crystal palace transmitter (as the crow flies) so could probably pick up freeview with a tinfoil wrapper tied to a lollipop stick :D

Attached Files:

13. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the relpies, no pic though?, i have decided to send the kworld back and go for something else, are you using the pinicle with media portal? how much was it?

14. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Using the pinnacle with mce2005 sometimes, right now it is in a draw (dont ask...it's my pc acting up). Was a gift, but should retail around £50

I have used media portal with bt878 based ananlogue tuners but havent visited the project in a while, the only reason I mentioned it was because they have added dvb-t support. And it is a free opensource program. Which is a good thing

15. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Werner, Sorry can see the image now but poor res, did find this page myself but not sure how to interpret the information?
    edit is this site slow today??

Agree free is good if I can get it to work!
    Anyone with cards that work with media portal I would be interested to hear

16. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    resolution fixed, and yes, this site seems to be up and down today...

can I ask you a favour? can you see inside the drivers for your tuner card, and see if you have a file called 34coinstaller.dll there? Just that most of these dvb-t cards are based on a philips reference design...so I'm just having a ponder right now...humour me...

17. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Searched al of C drive and no sign of that file! also had a look through the folder for the software no sign. Thanks for the ponder.. your little grey cells seem more abundant than mine! cheers

18. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm busy downloading the driver now, but in the meantime, I am not sure if you are aware but they have released new drivers and new software on the 1st Feb this year

just *may* be worth giving them a try..
    http://www.kworld.com.tw/en/download/dvb-t-pci.html

19. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep got the lastest driver, a quick question how do I get full screen tv with media portal, just having a quick play with the five channels!

20. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  21. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that, tho problem when I go fullscreen, I get flashing screen between tv and graohics behind/ tv is very jerky, probably due to the card/drivers not compatible. I realy like the software though. Cheers