DVB-T Tuner Cards/Sticks: What connector?


Standard Member
Hola all,

I have a Yuan EC300 DVB-T ExpressCard 34 tuner for my lappy. It comes with a portable cable aerial and a fixed coax-to-card adapter/converter. The aerial cable I use with it is old NTL cable so as you can imagine, it's not very flexible. I'm just worried that, as the adapter fixed, it could lead to the card connector getting bent/broken due to the weight/inflexibility of the aerial cable.

So, after all that, does anyone know what these card/stick connectors are called? Reason being i'm looking to find a adapter cable but one with an L-shaped card connector end. The closest I've found so far is this:


...which will prolly do the job fine but i'd still prefer a 'headphone-style' L-shape connector for the card.


  • CIMG1133.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,294
  • CIMG1134.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,210
  • CIMG1135.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 651

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
At a glance it looks like an MCX or MMCX connector (as used on some WLAN cards).

Chris Muriel, Boston (normally Manchester)


Standard Member


  • MCX to IEC adapter.png
    MCX to IEC adapter.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,378


Standard Member
This is a MALE jack MCX to RF Coax and attaches to things like a DVB-T stick for PC TV reception.
What I am desperately after is the same thing but with a FEMALE plug on the other
end of the RF Coax. i.e. the MCX socket found in a DVB-T device. I have searched for ages - any ideas, please?
Alternatively are there longer aerial cables to lengthen the cable that comes with the little aerial
supplied with a DVB-T stick?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom