dvb-t software? (compro dvb-t200)

C-M

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought a compro dvb-t200 digital tv card. I am finding the compro software lacking to say the least and am looking for a good replacement.

So far i have tested Showshifter and powercinema 4. I have also tried MyTheatre but for some reason this did not find a single channel so seems pretty useless. Does anyone know how to set this up to tune into digital channels in Norwich UK (i've searched and never found any info on this).

Ideally i'm looking for a lightwieght stable suite or piece of software that will allow me to use/change the codec to use either Nvida or dscaler5.

Wat do you recemmend i try next?

C-M said:
I have recently bought a compro dvb-t200 digital tv card. I am finding the compro software lacking to say the least and am looking for a good replacement.

So far i have tested Showshifter and powercinema 4. I have also tried MyTheatre but for some reason this did not find a single channel so seems pretty useless. Does anyone know how to set this up to tune into digital channels in Norwich UK (i've searched and never found any info on this).

Ideally i'm looking for a lightwieght stable suite or piece of software that will allow me to use/change the codec to use either Nvida or dscaler5.

Wat do you recemmend i try next?
Media Portal is free, picks up all the channels without any of the blocking or channel not found errors of ComproDTV, and can use the Dscaler audio & video codecs. Setup was fairly easy too. However I find changing channels to be less easy than ComproDTV and I haven't found a way to maximise the image to full screen. Resizing the screen causes horrendous breakup, and alt-tabbing away from its idea of fullscreen causes huge amounts of disk-thrashing and little productive result on screen. It seems that it immediately uses all available virtual memory (1.5Gb in my case!)

I could not get PVR-GB to work at all.
I find the best solution for my needs is to record the full transport stream with ComproDTV and play back with VLC

I tried a few. Showshifter appeared to be the best of the bunch, although it's £30 which feels a little expensive as a full version of MCE is only £80.

Media Portal is indeed free. It's not on the same level as Showshifter yet, but there is a lot of development being done so it won't be that soon before it's a little more usable. I saw the same issues as Stuart - MediaPortal seems to take a massive amount of CPU/memory resource - while watching or Recording TV, MediaPortal was taking 30-40% CPU - and that's on a AMD64 3.2GHz with 2GB RAM.

How are the drivers with the Compro? I must be honest, I had the dvb-t200 card and found that changing the channels quickly caused the card to stop working. It looked like they were looking at the problem, but I decided to sell the card on and get a Sweetspot/BlackGold card. Hopefully the drivers have improved now.

I like the compro card, the drivers are just ok.

I'm running media portal right now, and i find the pq using dscaler5 absolutly amazing. the problem is that it uses 100% CPU. Also any time i attempt to resize to full screen it crashes. when its in a tiny window, while the menu is still running etc.. the feed breaks up and stalls.

How can i use Dscaler5 as my DVB codec in Showshifter? is it possible? Showshifter itself seems to take up more resources than i'd expect 60% cpu.

The compro software only takes up about 25-40(peak)%

just wondering if anyone has anymore info on this?

I'm still using showshifter at the moment, but if i watch tv while doing something else e.g browse, i get sligh audio corruption ( a nice spits and farts sound) as the HDD is accessed. Only showshifter does this. Showshifter is also a little sluggish (XP3200 1GB DDR) changing menus etc..

Ultimately i want to use Dscaler5 codec when watching TV and have good reliablilty for unattented recording.

Anyone?

C-M said:
just wondering if anyone has anymore info on this?

I'm still using showshifter at the moment, but if i watch tv while doing something else e.g browse, i get sligh audio corruption ( a nice spits and farts sound) as the HDD is accessed. Only showshifter does this. Showshifter is also a little sluggish (XP3200 1GB DDR) changing menus etc..

Ultimately i want to use Dscaler5 codec when watching TV and have good reliablilty for unattented recording.

Anyone?
The problem you have could be alleviated by using Task Manager to raise the priority of the Showshifter process.

Stuart Brooks said:
The problem you have could be alleviated by using Task Manager to raise the priority of the Showshifter process.
changing the priority does not do much expect make showshifter unstable, you can actually change the priority within the SS configuration.

I know there is a registy hack that can be done to use dscaler5 with SS but u don't know where to find it. Anyone know at all? I was told by one of the SS guys to search the SS forums but theres no info there.

Going to test the lastest Media Portal now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom