1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVB-T Plug-in for Elonex Artisan/Lumina - NOW WORKING

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jonsayers, Jun 29, 2005.

1. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Got the new version and it works pretty well. There are a couple of minor problems which hopefully Hauppauge will fix in a new version.

Here goes:

First of all you need a file MFC71.DLL in you C:\windows\system32 before you start.

You can get it from

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc71

Then install the DVB-T Radio plugin

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/radio/dvb-t_radio_10_23102.exe

Once installed Load MCE and Go to More Programs.

Click on DVB-T Radio

Choose SCAN

Click on the + sign and choose Denmark (VERY IMPORTANT STEP)

Now Click on - Sign and choose UK (VERY IMPORTANT STEP)

NOW click SCAN. (it should say scanning xx of 75, if it says xx of 69 you didn't select Denmark first.

I found 25 channels here in my office.

Any feed back on this plug-in leave it here and I'll try and help.

P.S This is not an official Elonex Release, Technical support will be unable to help with this.

Once Hauapauge fix these couple of issues we may release it generally on our machines.

Have fun!

2. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have scanned 75 ch., courtesy of Denmark: 0 found. Full TV re-scan shows 39 channels from Dover but no radio. Re-boot: no joy. I must be doing something wrong. In the process I "lost" the ITV guide listings. David.

3. DigitalKnave

DigitalKnave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've followed the instructions above and whenever I go into the DVB-T radio program I get a script error:

'MCE' is null or not an object

And whether I click Yes or No to continue running scripts I can't navigate or select any of the options on the subsequent screen.

4. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yes: I have the same message on my screen, which implies that there is a "bug" somewhere (in .DLL?) Have debugged/reg cleaned the entire machine, to no effect. Still 0 stations found. Perhaps I should tour the rest of Europe....D. :confused:

5. kolabere

kolabere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Same problem here.

At least Jon seems to be helpful - a lot more than I can say about Elonex :(.

6. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you download and install the DLL I linked to before installing the plugin?

feel free to post and screenshots here and I'll pass them on to my contact at Haupauge.

7. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    DLL installed. That does not seem to be the problem. I cannot supply a screenshot because I am accessing this thread from a different computer."MCE" would suggest that the radio plug-in is not Media C. compatible. D. :confused:

8. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "And whether I click Yes or No to continue running scripts I can't navigate or select any of the options on the subsequent screen."

If you see the above the DLL is not installed in c:\windows\system32\

I had this error until I did.

9. NutKracker

NutKracker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello Jon,

I'm getting the same problem as the others. Can you confirm what you mean by installing the .DLL ?

All I've done is downloaded the DLL from your supplied link and copied it to the windows\system32 directory. It's not a DLL that you can register with regsvr32.exe - I tried that too!

I then downloaded the DVB-T app and installed it. On execution of the DVB-T radio link within More Programs, I get the same Javascript error message box (screenshot attached).

So.....what else did you need to get it working ??? Are you on a newer version of the harddrive image ??

Cheers!

Nutz

Attached Files:

10. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I can confirm that NutK`s sceenshot is the same that I have on-sceen. I am now un-zipping the .DLL and copying it, together with the radio prog. instal. download, on to CD-r and shall use the disc to load the data....D. :rolleyes:

11. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did the following:

Copy dll file to C:\windows\system32\

reboot

install plug-in

reboot

run MCE.

let me check what drivers I am using.

12. NutKracker

NutKracker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Any update to this ??? :cool:

Nutz

13. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using a newer driver. I'll get it posted on our web-site.

88x_2_106_23151_WHQL

Last shipping driver was 22345.

14. NutKracker

NutKracker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Jon. Can you also provide details about how to update these drivers as well (I've read about not updating via Device Manager and to also run hcwclear before installing).

Thanks

Nutz

15. kolabere

kolabere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for confirming that we should have 22345 installed at the moment. I emailed Tech Support a fortnight ago concerning this and am still awaiting a response from them.

But, why should I be surprised, nobody at Elonex - Sales, Customer Support. Tech Support and not even the MD - responds to correspondence :thumbsdow :thumbsdow .

16. DigitalKnave

DigitalKnave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Kola,

I found the same problem when I contacted them online. Ring them instead. They have been very responsive when I have called. I guess they're just better geared up to deal with phone calls than online support requests.

17. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    We are now into the third week of July and there is still no news on the (possibly) forthcoming "upgrade" for the Elonex DVB-T dual tuner, for Freeview radio (Hauppauge). If anyone has any info...No response from Elonex. This may be a Windows MCE "issue". David.

18. DigitalKnave

DigitalKnave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Microsoft always were the champions of "vapourware". It's probably on its way but I wouldn't hold your breath for July!

I actually emailed Microsoft in the UK to ask about it but just got a kurt "We can't comment on unreleased products" style response. But they didn't deny it!

19. kolabere

kolabere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    At last I've got radio on the Artisan :clap: - it's not perfect since the MCE Radio button is still a deadend :( , but the plugin works.

Do exactly as Jon recommended, but first go to Hauppauge and install the new HCW21Nova-t drivers.

Voila, we have radio Jim but not as we know it.

WOULD IT BE ASKING TOO MUCH TO HAVE IT WORKING FROM MCE DIRECTLY :cool: .

20. kolabere

kolabere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    PS

Remember you will need to completely setup the tuners again before you can get TV :( .

21. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you, Kolabere. I shall try to follow your directions!

22. NutKracker

NutKracker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

I've just got round to updating the drivers on my Artisan and I've installed the latest MCE radio software and it's all working correctly - ALL WITHIN MCE! :clap:

kolabere, have you installed the latest Hauppauge MCE radio addon - you should be able run the radio then withn MCE!

(http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/radio/dvb-t_radio_10_23102.exe)

Nutz

23. kolabere

kolabere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry didn't explain that too well :eek: .

What I ment was, I'd like to be able to access the Radio from the "Radio" menu on the MCE Main Page, rather than through "Other Programs". In addition, my 'radio' starts with 'Q' by default, and I don't seem to be able to change it.

I'd like to have the same control over radio that MCE provides for TV with the Guide - edit/remove programs that you never listen to.

But this has all started to get rather academic, since my wife has just given the go ahead to get a new CD/Tuner rather than put up with having to switch the tele on first to listen to 'The Now Show'. The fact that you can 'listen again', if you miss it like today, with the Artisan cut no ice - a Denon DM-31 it shall just have to be :cool: .

24. DigitalKnave

DigitalKnave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I managed to get the DVB-T Radio plugin working today after much hassle. The key is you have to follow the driver installation instructions fron Hauppage to the letter - including all the uninstall procedures.

Like Kolabere I'd like this to be better integrated within MCE2005. Currently, if you're listening to the radio and want to do anything else within MCE (view guide, pictures, etc) the radio stops. It would be nice if it worked like My Music and continued until you either stopped it or switching to another audio stream (music, tv, etc)

I'm still awaiting the update promised by Microsoft which was rumoured to provide radio support for DVB-T broadcasts in the UK.

25. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Having failed to install the Freeview radio facility, I am using my Sky Plus box for timer rcd to HD, but I would like to archive the recorded material to DVD, using the optical dig audio input on the front panel of the Artisan (presumably via the Artisan HD)....but how do I proceed? The Sky box has an optical audio output that works very well with a stand-alone CD recorder, part of my hi-fi set-up.

26. kolabere

kolabere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've finally given up on Radio from MCE and gone and bought a TEAC CR-H250 - as Homer once said:
    " . . goes ON . . goes OFF . . goes ON . . goes OFF . . goes ON . . . . " :clap:

The reason I did this, apart from preventing premature hair loss, bruising and damage to structural masonary, was that it appeared that the radio plug-in was causing considerable instability in MCE.

I was get bi-daily crashes and corruption of the guide leading to failed and/or corrupt records, stutter and popping during Live TV and the culprite is "Media Center Receiver Service", which has something to do with radio amongst other things. Has anyone else been experiencing these problems?

Oh, and as a final aside once you've listened to DAB you wont want to waste your time ever again with FM through whatever source :D .

27. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    According to a thread on the Haup. web site, Microsoft should be releasing a free download: MCE 2005 Rollup 2 DVB in relation to radio functionality.

28. DigitalKnave

DigitalKnave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Given up on the Radio for now and uninstalled the Hauppage program as it was causing problems.

I've experienced a lot more problems when the radio program was installed. Also, after listening to the radio and then changing to do something else, the little media window in the bottom left just showed "release" and seemed to be playing just a kind of click on a loop.

Uninstalled it and most of the problems have gone away again. I'll await the MS release.

29. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have done the same.
    On a related issue: internet radio. MCE seems to be very US-centric in its limited offerings. It would be wonderful if the BBC streamed its live and recorded radio progs via the Media Centre...save a lot of button-pushing.

30. NutKracker

NutKracker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Can I recommend this then: http://www.thegreenbutton.com/community/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=26&MessageID=124958

Works very well....currently in public beta testing.

Nutz