DVB HD-S2 No audio in MCE

The_Wizard

Bit of a strange problem, i recently bought a DVB HD-S2 from these forums and installed it into my HTPC. It works fine with the bundled WinTV V7 but if try and watch BBC or ITV HD i dont get any audio and sometimes it goes off after about 10 seconds and gives me a video error message.

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
Bit of a strange problem, i recently bought a DVB HD-S2 from these forums and installed it into my HTPC. It works fine with the bundled WinTV V7 but if try and watch BBC or ITV HD i dont get any audio and sometimes it goes off after about 10 seconds and gives me a video error message.

Seems to be a common problem with Win 7 MC and DD Audio on BBC HD with some systems. I had to uncheck "allow apps exclusive control" (or something similar with the word exclusive in it) in the Sound Control Panel (it's in one of the panels or properties). This also stops it bitstreaming I think though - meaning you get DD audio decoded to multichannel 5.1 PCM over HDMI.

If I didn't do that I got constant looping audio, followed by 7MC crashing...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom