1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVB Audio prob on AV4

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pablo99, Feb 16, 2005.

1. pablo99

pablo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have gleaned so much information from this forum since discovering it a few months ago. Keep up the good work folks. As a newbie I was able to settle on my Viera and my E85 DVD recorder thanks to the advice from the knowledgeable members here.

Now to see if any one has the same little problem as me?

When watching DVDs and recordings from my Panasonic E85 through AV4C I can hear another audio signal faintly in the background. If I press pause it remains there so it is not on the recording. Investigations have shown that this is audio from the DVB tuner. I have the DVB signal output on AV4 from the plasma into AV1 of the E85 to allow recording of DVB.

To get rid of this problem I simply put the DVB tuner on to a blank channel with no sound. However, which component has the fault the Viera or the E85?

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Neither - you need to try a better quality SCART cable into AV4.

Some cheaper cables bundle the audio in and the audio out inside the same four core shielded cable. Thus you can hear the outbound audio (from the DVB tuner) being picked up by the incoming audio (from your DVR).

A good quality SCART cable will carry all four audio signals seperately, or - at a miniimum - will keep the incoming and outbound ones seperate.

Steve

3. doppleganger

doppleganger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got this same problem on my PV500.

I hear a faint background noise from whatever channel the DVB tuner is on when switched to AV4. I'm running IXOS XHT801 scart leads so it can't be those.

Any other suggestions?

- dop

4. bin_man

bin_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, same problem and I use component leads, but when you press 'mute' it stops. However, it's too distracting watching a DVD with 'mute' on the screen so I don't bother. I will make use of the blank channel trick though. Thanks