dv89 HALVED in price???

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by papachumba, Sep 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. papachumba

papachumba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just decided to visit the forum here and get some up to date info, ended up reading a thread about someone bying an arcam dv89 for £599??!?!

i couldnt believe it, checked it out on creative audio and lo and behold an arcam dv89 for £599.

now, i purchased this dvd player 11 months ago, and it cost me £1200. am i missing something here? come on arcam, why the sudden drop in price? i bought this player due to its reviews on here, and yes, i know it was a massive investment but i thought i was getting value for my money. i wasnt thinking of selling it on as i spent massive amounts on my av setup and would like to keep it for as long as possible, i havent got time to upgrade a new component every few months and keep track of all the ongoings in the world of av.

i bought this player with a secure thought that i am getting something special, something that is worth £1200. now i see what a fool i have been.
    thanks arcam for suddenly doing a "half-price special" bonanza now after i have spent all my money. :censored: :rtfm:

its good to see that my pioneer vsx-ax5 held its price as well as keff speakers, even the panny pw6 didnt half in price.

i guess if i was planning to sell it on i would have felt gutted twice as much as i am feeling now.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    It's only dropped in price since the new models came out. When you bought your DV89 11 months ago it had already been out for some time. This sort of situation is inevitable in the fast paced world of AV. Don't worry about how much you paid for it just be happy that you have a great bit of kit that will last you many years.

3. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Yeah I paid £900 for my Dv88 and then a extra £400 for the upgrade to a DV88+ and now they go for £3-400 quid.. its just the way things are...no different to buying a car or Pc.

Just enjoy..

Matt

4. papachumba

papachumba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm... i understand a 30% drop in price over a year, but 50% is a bit too much in my opinion. its a bloody bargain now.

5. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Tell me about it.. its better value to buy a new player than me upgrade mine to DV89 spec for £350!.. COuld have been worse you could have bought yours a couple of weeks before the price drop ;)