1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV89 and AVR300 possible problem

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by galewis1, Oct 1, 2004.

1. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Don't know if this is a problem or not.... When I'm looking at the Arcam splash screen (i.e. when no disc is in the drawer), I notice that after a little while the logo starts to move around (presumably to avoid screen burn on TV's and plasmas). Problem is that the logo seems to be off centre in that it drifts off the far right edge of the screen, but doesn't go all the way to the left of the screen.

When I check a test signal using DVE, everything looks good however, which makes me think my display is OK (Infocus 4805 DLP Projector). Am I experiencing an image shift between the DV89 and the AVR300 perhaps? I am using the receiver for DVD video switching via component. Doesn't make any difference if I output progressive or interlaced from the DV89.

If anyone else has a DV89 and AVR300, i'd appreciate if they could check.

Thanks

Gary

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    I used to have a DV89 and vaguely recall that when the logo started moving around it did the same. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your getting a centred image when your watching DVDs that's all that matters.

3. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you have the Avia disk (or something similar) display the overscan test pattern. That will tell you how well the image is centered. I wouldn't get concerned about the Arcam slash screen at all.

4. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Gary, Yep mine does exactly the same, don't think it's a problem though