1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV88 possible upgrades?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Arcamainia, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Arcamainia

Arcamainia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guru's....

I wanted to confirm with you that my recent purchase, aka Arcam DV88 is bang up-to-date with it's Soft/Firmware:-

Software - V1.81
    Mech/Firmware - L014

(so says the boot screen/service menu accessed via the remote).

If it's not, and this unit was purchased privately, how does one obtain upgrades now, or in the future?

That's question one out the way, question two...

What upgrades are available for my player? I've heard of upgrades to "+" spec, how does one go about this and how much?

News!

Watched Finding Nemo on the DV88/AVR300 last night and I'm still recovering!! We're in for a re-run tonight. Sorry Luv, no soaps tonight :lesson:

2. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    For video a very worthwhile upgrade is the progressive scan board which gives you the excellent Silicon Image SiI504 deinterlacer, the same one used in the FMJ DV27A.

You can also upgrade analog audio to DVD-A.

I have a DV88+ with the upgraded progressive scan board. It's a really nice improvement over the stock DV88+, and I imagine it would be a a far better one for the earlier DV88 model.

You can arrange these thru a Arcam dealer, or (I believe) directly with Arcam if you're in the U.K.

I don't know what the latest software version is for the DV88. The latest for the DV88+/89/27 is 4.18 (last I heard), but I don't know if that applies to the DV88. Maybe someone from Arcam or experience with the DV88 can chime in.

Dean

3. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Thats the latest for the DV88 (1.81).. though there may be a later firmware for the drive.. but if you have no issues then don;t worry about it.

Matt

4. Arcamainia

Arcamainia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, checked with SevenOaks in Glasgow and they confirmed that software is indeed up-to-date for my model.

I also asked them about upgrades and they said (as it already does Prog Scan), only the DVD-A upgrade is available but for the price, I'm better off selling and going DV89+. Happy with it at the moment so...

Did notice something weird with Finding Nemo last night, some slight haloing aroung the clown fishes. Checked contrast/brightness levels and they were ok. It's the only disk I've seen this problem (if it is a problem), can anyone confirm?

Thanks again.