1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dv88 & Panny Plas

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by john R1, Jul 4, 2003.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IS IT WORTH UPGRADING MY DV88 TO PROG SCAN FOR USE ON A PANNY PLASMA MANY THANKS JOHNR1

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    In my opinion it certainly is if your plasma is a version 3 or 4 as the PS engine inside the Panasonic is somewhat basic. It is a closer call with the 5 series but still worth it IMO.

The easiest way to u/g an original DV88 is to add the Arcam Silicon Image PS scan board - a dealer fit (though the factory can do it too if your dealer is a bit unsure). Our helpdesk can offer more advice - 01223 203203 in office hours.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is that the upgrade i have heard about, my dealer is quoting £350 turn around time approx 2 weeks, or it that something different, panny is a series 5, cheers

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,498
    Probably worth getting PS but worth a £350 upgrade, in my opinion no way. I had it done and didn't see much improvement and that was on a Series 3. If you ask me £350 for that upgrade is silly money. That's more than half the cost of a new Denon 2900 or a Pioneer 757ai and they both have DVD audio and SACD! Think about it, trust me if you get it done you won't feel it's £350 well spent.
    Flame on....

Andy.