DV88+ & Panasonic PW5 problem

SimonA

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've connected my Arcam DV88+ to my Panny PW5 via the componant sockets, I've turned on Progressive scan in the Arcam menu, for 525p and 625p, so everything should be lovely. How is it that I can still toggle through all the aspect ratios on the screen, when the Panny manual says that I should only have 16x9 and zoom available. This leads me to the possibility that the Arcam is not outputing a prog scan feed. Am I doing something silly or can anyone help? It doesn't make any difference which region the player is set to.
Also I want to change the NTSC Black level from 0 IRE (used in Japan) to 7.5 IRE in the players menu. Everytime I do this, move onto another menu and then go back, it's defaulted back to 0 IRE.
I'm running version 2.1.8.23 on the Arcam.

Any help welcome before I resort to the Arcam customer service.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

I see this too with the DV88+ and I'm sure I read a recent thread that it was happening with a sony progressive player too. I went into the Panny service menu and checked the incoming signal from the DV88 and it was confirmed that the Arcam was outputting and the Panny was recieving a progressive signal. So I don't know why it says in the manual that only 2 aspects are available, perhaps they changed it on the series 5 and didn't update the manual from the 4 who knows, but if you do speak to panasonic please report back as to what they say.

Here is the thread with the instuctions on how to get the signal type, you need to scroll down a bit to find it, but it is there.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/show...47529&highlight=Philips+962sa+progessive+help

John.

Thanks John,

I'll check it tonight and report back.

Cheers

Simon

I checked the incoming signal to the display and it tells me that indeed the Arcam is outputting prog scan.
So it seems that the Panny 5 manual is incorrect and you can select any aspect ratio you like on the componant inputs.

Simon

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom