1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV88+ makes discs warm

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Rob100, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Hi all,

I might be imagining this, but...

I've owned my DV88+ for a couple of years and I don't remember discs being warm (very warm) when in the player.

During this week I took my DV88+ in to Arcam (I live less than an hour from their factory in Waterbeach) to have a small PSU issue fixed (this has nothing to do with it getting warm) and at the same time I got them to update all firmware/software.

Since re-connecting it I'm sure it gets warmer than before (you can feel it warm on the top) and the DVD's seem to get very warm.

I'm waiting for Arcam to get back to me on this, but I'm wondering how warm everyone else's DV88+ (or any other Arcam DVD player) gets.

I am concerned about this....

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

2. Sweden

Sweden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rob,
    This happens to me to sometimes. I also have a DV88+. I bought it this april.

3. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Thanks for the reply. Why only sometimes? Do you only find certain discs getting warm?

4. Sweden

Sweden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This happens when i play cds for a while (sometimes they get very warm). havent thought about it when it comes to dvds. And as you said you could feel that the player is warm.

Mats

5. malcolm mccabe

malcolm mccabe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Rob,

I've also had my DV88P for a couple of years now.

Have never had any issues with the unit getting warm or warm discs. The player sits on an AV stand with my other kit and has a generous amount of room around it to keep it cool.