DV88+ kaput ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by socrates1, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. socrates1

socrates1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've sent an e-mail to Arcam support, I reproduce it below in case anybody here has had a similiar experience. Thanks.

I am having major problems with my player. When I insert a disc and the drawer closes, the disc does not load or sound as if it is trying to load, the player display goes blank and the disc drawer opens automatically within a few seconds. There is no error message on the display, it stays blank and I have to manually close the tray thereafter. The only message on the display is "On" when I turn it on and "open" the first time I open the disc drawer. I am using R2 discs and have tried discs that worked in the past.I can still access the setup menu and this is showing that none of my settings have changed. I have tried the front panel buttons instead of the remote with no success. I have tried disconnecting from the mains overnight again with no success. I'd appreciate any advice that can help.