dv88 home repair quicky question

av wayney

Standard Member
my dv88 has the "no disc" problem with cds although dvds work fine so i have got a replacement laser from the states on fleabay.

but its not working, when the dv88 is powered up the laser moves up and downas it should but the red laser light does not come on.

i replaced the original laser unit to test just in case i pinched the ribbon cable or something and it moves up and down and the laser light comes on fine.

the laser was advertised as for a dv4300 which is from the same dsl-710 transport the dv88 uses so before i email the seller my question is should the laser part of the transport work regardless of which machine the transport is in (firmware etc...)

i was hoping for a quick replacement fix but want confirmation if the laser is duff or i have missed something.

anyone know...

wayney

av wayney

Standard Member
Forgot to mention the the laser unit was advertised for a marantz model

Does this really make a difference if i stick it in my dv88 considering its the same transport

av wayney

Standard Member
turns out i did miss something after all

i needed to remove the two small bits of solder on the side of the laser its all working again now:D.

it was an easy enough job and so much cheaper than sending it off somewhere

wayney

larkone

Distinguished Member
:smashin:The anti-static guard - they normally have a label telling you that need to remove it.

Top Bottom