DV88 Firmware V1.80

R

regie

According to the envytech site version 1.80 is now been released for the Arcam players. Unfortunately there is no mention of what it corrects, cures or improves from the previous version. Has anyone any idea what the new version does differently to 1.79.

Ta muchly.

Regie

Matt Horne

1.8 is a marginal update to 1.79 in that it hopefully improves the problems with dropouts in DTS soundtracks which some people had experienced with certain amps etc etc.

I installed the upgrade last weekend.. but I have to say I have not had any probs with DTS soundtracks anyhow.

I think thats about it.. though I stand to be corrected !

Cheers

matt

Matt Horne

Hi..

Arcam Tech Support sent it to me to see if it helped with the probs I am having.. did not make any difference as I am sure the problem is a mechanical with the CD Drive ??

They stuck it in the post for me and I got it next day..

Matt

-Spike-

Hi Matt,

Did you follow the same procedure with v1.8 as instructed with v1.79, i.e. the disc is left in the machine to be read twice or is it just read once as per older updates?

Just want to double check before updating

Regards

Matt Horne

Yep... I loaded the 1.8 patch twice as instructed "to reap the full benefit"

Cheers

Matt

-Spike-

Thanks for the speedy reply.
Cheers Matt.

-Spike-

Oops,

Didn't notice the large bold print on the disc..

"If upgrading from v1.78 or below please install this software twice"

I'm on v1.79 so it's once for me :blush:

K

Kell

A rather unfortunate and poorly timed power outage caused my upgrade to fail thereby turning my DV88 into a paperweight. Arcam advised that I'd need to get the flash ROM's replaced. Anyone had this done? What sort of cost am I looking at?

groundy

Standard Member
Received the v1.81 discs from Arcam today and just upgraded. Matt's correct about the v1.80 correcting audio dropouts on certain DTS streams. v1.81 improves the file handling for MP3 files so that longer filenames are supported :).

Oh, and if you're currently using [EDIT Should Have Read v1.79 :blush:] and are upgrading to v1.80 or v1.81, the software is only read in once.

-Spike-

if you're currently using v1.78 and are upgrading to v1.80 or v1.81, the software is only read in once.

I have to admit to being a little confused over this (see earlier in thread) but since speaking to Arcam support I now read it in twice.
As Matt says to "reap the full benefit" and Arcam insist it can do no harm.
improves the file handling for MP3 files so that longer filenames are supported

But what does this really mean?
I still get the odd picture freezing issue on my DV88P only then to replay the scene and it doesn't happen again???

Any thoughts?

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom