1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV88+ firmware questions

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by rantanplan, Aug 5, 2005.

1. rantanplan

rantanplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello folks,

I recently bought DV88+ has firmware version 2.1.8.34 (the latest one mentioned at the out-dated http://www.envytech.co.uk/arcamdvd page). According to the firmware thread the current firmware should be something like 5.x.x. I'm wondering why the old version 2 series isn't mentioned in the revision history.

Does there exist a complete changelog history?

Is it worth to upgrade the player (up to now I only noticed some spelling errors in the OSD)? To be more precise: is 2.1.8.34 mature for the DV88, i.e., do the newer firmware versions mostly correct bugs which are not present in 2.1.8.34 but were introduced with the major versions for DV89, DV78?

Regards,
    Rantanplan

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    The firmware for the DV88P is different to that for the newer players like the DV78 & 79. Please find attached the latest firmware release notes for all Arcam DVD players.

3. rantanplan

rantanplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reply. However, my model is DV88+ (plus) which uses the Zoran Vadis 5 chipset.