DV88+ Dual Video Output ?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by stevebez, Mar 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. stevebez

stevebez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Howdy,

Connecting up my Zone2 and wondering if the composite output is operational if I have connected Component in Prog Scan mode ?

Seems I have no video output currently on composite.

Also audio outputs 1 + 2 are they both active all the time for all sources?

Regards Steve.

2. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Nope definately no video out on composite/s-video on the DV88+ when prog scan is enabled.

There was on the DV88P (DV88 with the add-on prog scan board). There also is on my Pioneer DV575 (£100 DVD player), but not on my £1000 Arcam!

Sorry...

Rob.

3. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Whilst there are enough video DACs in the DV88+ to permit simultaneous component and composite output they are all fed from the same digital video bus. So if you are in interlaced mode you can have both (and s-video too) interlaced outputs running at the same time. Once the deinterlacer is activated the digital video bus has the wrong info on it for interlaced video so the composite and s-video outputs are muted when outputting progessive component video.

If you can get an Arcam progressive scan module fitted (350 UKP IIRC) then you can do what you want as this has its own deinterlacer and video DACs. This module is fed from the player's digital video bus running in interlaced mode, so the original video DACs all continue to work.

Audio outputs 1 and 2 are in parallel so both are always active.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

4. stevebez

stevebez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    John,

Just to be clear on this - if I have a DVD playing in 5.1 surround format - the player will output stereo audio out at the audio outputs, and digital output to the co-ax out ?

Rgds Steve.