1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV88 Drive Firmware

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by keenanj, Jul 20, 2004.

1. keenanj

keenanj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to downgrade the drive firmware (current LO16), I keep getting bad disc error when trying to load LO14, if I create a disc using exacly the same method but replace the LO14.bin file with LO16.bin it installs the firmware.

2. Engineer

Engineer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard of this sort of problem. With some firmware versions the drive will not allow an older version to be loaded. You are lucky - there is one version that erases the memory & leaves it blank if this type of thing is attempted.
    Why would you want to go back to LO14?

3. keenanj

keenanj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    want to see if it cures DVD-Rs freezing, trying to eliminate possible software issues before embarking on expensive hardware upgrades. etc.... don't think it is a media issue currently using ritek-g04 (about to try some high quality TDK dvd-r in the next day or 2) it may be the writer that is the problem (liteon 812s), however discs burned on this unit play perfectly on my PS2, PC, friends DVDs, it and my PC pass every diagnostic test thrown at it with flying colours etc..

4. Engineer

Engineer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Keenanj,
    The LO type drive was never specified to play DVD-R, so I think that is the problem. For DVD-R, you need an LT7.x drive, as fitted to models DV88PLUS onward.
    I certainly would not expect to see any difference between LO14 and LO16 since the changes were related to issues that happened when the drive was used with other (non-Zoran) chipsets.
    I hope this helps

5. keenanj

keenanj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much would it cost to upgrade the drive?

6. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    contact arcam helpdesk.. I have a dv88+ and it plays dvd-r's just fine :)