1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dv88+ - connect via amp or direct to plasma?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by loz1, May 16, 2004.

1. loz1

loz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Just bought a DV88+ and was wondering whether I would notice any difference in PQ if I was to connect it via my Denon 3803 instead of directly to my Pioneer 433 MXE. I currently have an HS2 and Nokia 211 connected via a JS RGB to Component box to the Denon and then via component to the plasma. This means it's easier and cheaper for me to connect via the 3803 as I'm already using the component input on the plasma but thought I'd ask as I want to get the most out of what I hear is a great player.

Cheers,
    Lawrence

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    The theory is that the extra connections involved in going via a receiver will result in a loss of PQ. In practise several people on these have reported that they can see no loss, so with that in mind and the fact that it will save money and make your life easier I would suggest you connect via the receiver.

Mark.

3. loz1

loz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark. I've taken your advice and ordered myself a component lead from the forum.

Cheers,
    Lawrence