1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dv88+audio delay how to turn on

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jmack, Jul 30, 2003.

1. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi how do i turn the audio delay on the dv88+ its says in menu not aplicable

cheers for anyhelp

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Jmack -

You don't need to turn it on on the 88 Plus/89 - if you use the player in PS mode the necessary audio delay is applied automatically.

The menu line is when/if you have the optional Silicon Image PS board fitted in the 88/88Plus player and, of course, all DV27s; since the player can then put out interlaced and progressive video simultaneously you then need the menu option of PS delay or not.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you john

only had it an hour

what is the latest firmware and drive ware
    and how do i change the warranty over to myself

4. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Drive firmware should be 7.5 or 7.6 - the latter includes a fix for cactus datashield copy protected so called "CDs".

Player software is 3.9.0 or 4.0.0 - the latter includes a fix for DVD-A capable players, they are identical for 2 channel units. The previous 2 channel release prior to this was 3.0.0 and most of the changes after this are to do with 6 channel players. If you have anything earlier than 3.0.0 it is worth getting the player SW upgraded IMO.

For registering the product as a second owner (I assume you are a second owner?) please do so on line from the website, mentioning where you got it from on the registration form, or send an email to nadinec@arcam.co.uk with all the details.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

5. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hi...

Any interesting updates for us DV88+ owners in the 3.9.0 software that makes it worth upgrading to ?

Cheers

Matt

6. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi Matt - I don't have the info at home here, but as I said above if you have 3.0.0 or later I doubt it is worth it. There are useful improvements / bug fixes if you have earlier SW.

John Dawson (Arcam)