DV88+ and 480P settings

happhhitachi

Novice Member
Hi All

In the process of becomming an Arcam owner (just purchased a DV88+ off the forum and wating delivery), been looking at the user guide and the info for my Hitachi screen. Seems this will accept a 480P signal via component.

Will be giving the settings a try out to see what I think looks better but curious of others experiences (current DVD dosent have progressive/component capability) would other users expect this to make a differnece or is this just marketing hype.

All opinion/comment welcome.

happhhitachi

Novice Member
Thanks for the comment. Cant wait to get the DV88+ and see what a more up-market player will do for my system. Will be giving it a go with/without the Prog. setting.

One other thing, I see you have a sticky detailing the firmware versions for various Arcam products but its quite an old post. You suggest that for the DV88+ 5.17.0 (i2.16) is the most recent. Do you happen to know if this is still so or have there been further updates since your post?

Again thanks for the info/comment.

Prog scan offers much better motion and movement resolution. Definitely worth using if you can.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom