DV79 wont play dual layer dvd media

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PAULMO, Mar 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. PAULMO

PAULMO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DV79 wont play 2nd layer of backup DVD9 discs also called dual layer. I have tried 3 brands of media same result. Any help is appreciated.

2. lbpetjos

lbpetjos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a DV 27 A that has no problem with any discs.
    My 2 cents :)

Peter

3. Greggles

Greggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    What are you using to record onto the dual layer dvd - Ie stand alone recorder or PC based burner? Dual layer disks recorded on my Apple I-Mac "super drive" play fine on my DV29, which has the same reading head as the DV79. I cannot remember what brand I used as I tend to stick to single layer disks on cost grounds (which I also use in my Sony DVD recorder).

4. PAULMO

PAULMO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greggles, im using a pc based burner do you recall if your backup discs were DVD -R DL or DVD+R DL? I have not tried -R DL yet because of availability problems. the +R DL backup dvds that i have burned play fine in all other dvd players that i have tried. My DV79 has no problem playing +R single layer discs so why the +R DL problem? ARCAM ENGINEERS PLEASE HELP! software version is 525(1.7) and firmware is LT-79

5. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Suggest you send an e-mail to the Arcam support team for help and advice. As you're a newbie, these forums are the Arcam Owners Forum, not the official Arcam support forum :) We do have some Arcam employees who look in and help out and advise where they can, but don't expect a reply.

The support team by all accounts are a good bunch, so hopefully they'll get back to you soon after your mail :smashin:

Cheers

Andy