1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV79 versus Denon 3910 via HDMI on Hitachi PJ100

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by amclimber, Dec 17, 2004.

1. amclimber

amclimber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just returned my Denon 3910 because it had problems playing my DVD+-R/RW which is important to me because I produce own videos.
    Now my dealer offers to me the Arcam DV79, which should be even better then the 3910. Well, I still waiting for it, but read a lot about the Arcam. I think, Audio improvement will not be the question, but I am not sure about Video.
    I own the Hitachi LCD beamer with a native HDTV-resolution and connect it via HMDI. The Denon has an internal scaler which exactly matches this resolution. The DV79 hasn't. So, the scaler of the Hitachi will have to do the job.
    Has anyone information about what will be the result? Is the Denon scaler better than the Hitachi? Has anyone compared the two players on a HDTV equipment?
    Thank's for infos.

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I have not compared the hitachi scaler but I am non to impressed with the Denon one, the Arcam is a finer machine IMHO in ALL departments. You will be much better transmittimg 490p / 576p and letting the Hitachi do the biz.