1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV79 to Sanyo PLV-Z2 using HDMI?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Bas, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Bas

Bas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am an owner of a Sanyo PLV-Z2 projector. Until now I use a cheap progressive scan DVD player from Sony (DVP-NS730P) connected by component cable and the picture quality is pretty good; keeping in mind the low price from this player.
    I like to upgrade my DVD player to an Arcam DV79 :) , using a HDMI to DVI cable, and I hope to be blown away by the picture and CD-sound quality of this player.

I know there may be issues about driving the Sanyo projector using DVI and playing PAL DVD's (shaky picture on horizontal pans and problems getting an 16x9 widescreen size picture) but I was wondering if anyone at this forum already has experience with this combination (before I buy a very expensive HDMI to DVI cable).

I know the DV79 component output is a lot better than my Sony player so I can always use this connection, and use HDMI when I upgrade my projector in the far away future.

Bas.