1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV79 Status Display needs improvement

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Crespotav, May 8, 2005.

1. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the machine that I have on test with firmware 5.08, I cannot see the first line that apparently contains Elapsed and Total time, no matter what screen aspect ratio and both in 4:3 and 16:9 Display modes.

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,

This is likely to be a problem with the overscan setting on your display. Most CRT displays overscan i.e some of the picture is off the side of the display. The max amount allowed for broadcast transmissions is defined and the DV79's display remains within these boundarys, however some displays overscan more than they should. If you are using a Plasma or Projector there are normally controls available to adjust vertical height and horizontal width. However if it is a CRT these are usually hidden in the engineering menu or sometimes even set by trim pots inside the unit.

Regards,
    Andrew

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Andy is right, I had a problem with geometry and overscan on my Panasonic CRT. If ound out how to access the engineers menu and completely recalibrated the set and now it works perfectly with only the bare minimum of overscan.

4. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I press STATUS the two hourly counters appear. If I press it again it is retained and the additional info is correctly displayed.

However if having displayed STATUS I press SEARCH, the information is displayed in the same line and wipes out the counters. Please move the SEARCH information one or more lines below.