DV79 picture quality

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by cybersoga, May 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Has anyone evaluated the picture quality from the DV79 with test patterns etc? I'm particularly interested in 576p analogue component output...

how good is the chroma upsampling (does it have any sign of the chroma bug)? The coloured triangles in the DVE's mpeg decoder test, are they perfect triangles?

Does it have flat frequency response upto the limit of dvd's resolution? Is it able to display resolution test patterns without any moire, aliasing or softening of details?

How is the deinterlacing, does it always lock onto 2:2 when playing PAL films? does it correctly deinterlace video sourced pictures? How does it handle bad edits?

Does it have any other issues such as chroma delay?

2. nikyzf

nikyzf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was a review in the AV Tech supplement in the May Hi-Fi News which might have the info you require (sorry, I don't have a copy). Actually, I'm annoyed that I didn't get that issue because I've since bought a DV79 after a plasma demo in the dealer plus a home trial to check out the CD performance. I'd like to see if the review matches my opinion!

3. David Allum

David Allum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6