1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV79 or FMJ 27a?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by AndoverRed, Aug 10, 2005.

1. AndoverRed

AndoverRed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I currently own an FMJ 27a DVD player, but I am considering buying a DV79 for the HDMI output. Is this wise? :confused:

I am happy :) with the FMJ player, but I will be getting a plasma/LCD/DLP screen within the next 2 months and would like to utilise the HDMI interface. Although the 27a can be SDi modified, not many screens support the SDi interface. The Panasonic PW7/8 panels are the only screens I know of that support the SDi interface.

Is it worth 'trading-in' the FMJ 27a for the DV79 so I can utilise HDMI or shall I stick with the progressive scan component output on the 27a?

Answers on a postcard.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    I would stick to your DV27A. The component outputs on it will be very close to the performance of the HDMI output on the DV79, probably indistinguishable on a plasma screen. This will leave the HDMI socket on your display free for something more useful like Sky HD which will almost certainly require use of the HDMI socket.

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    How about on a 9ft screen with a Sim2 Domino30 projector? I've got a 27A and have been thinking the same thing. Will the DV29 be better picture wise or no different from the 79 using HDMI?

Cheers