1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV79 and the dreaded layer change

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by rimibar, Jan 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rimibar

rimibar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi everyone, I am now officially allowed to post on this forum as I am now the proud owner of a DV79! (Thanks Santa Claus).

I love the sound and picture but my only gripe is that damned layer change - ridiculously obvious for such an expensive player.

Is there anyway to minimise this? Does the new firmware go some way to improving this? Indeed what benefits are brought from using the new software?

I would be very interested to hear from Arcam themselves as to why the layer change takes this time, and whether they plan to improve it... Indeedm I would be interested in hearing when they're going to do it, as I understand that Arcam's self improvement mods are both abundant and well received. Apart from anything else I'll have a better understanding of the process!

Thanks in advance, look forward to reading your responses!

Richard

2. rimibar

rimibar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mr Dawson - have you any suggestions with this issue? The official word from Arcam would be much appreciated!

3. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    enlighten us andy (or john). would this be something that could be fixed through SW or is it a HW issue?

4. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This issue has been discussed previously in this forum, with responses from Arcam, IIRC. Try doing a search.