1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV78 slow layer transition?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by timdp, Jan 15, 2004.

1. timdp

timdp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was watching the R2 remastered Lion King last night when the picture and sound totally froze for about 2 seconds before continuing.

I initially thought I must have sat on the remote, but as it was no where near me, it must have been the layer transition.

This is about the 3rd noticeably long transition I've seen (only had the player a few weeks), and I have to say that I'm disappointed. For £700 is it so hard to do a seamless layer transition? I've not noticed transitions on friends much cheaper players so why does my £££ one sometimes transition so slowly?

Is this common? Should I just get used to it? Am I complaining about nothing? Your thoughts please.

2. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My DV88+ has a noticeable transition too. I would say it is less than two seconds though, maybe 0.5 - 1.0 s.

It doesn't bother me too much. Sure it would be nice if it didn't happen but, given the other benefits of the player, I can forgive.