1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV717 manual

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sharkbait, May 4, 2003.

1. sharkbait

sharkbait

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Does anyone know somewhere online that is a good source of technical info for older DVD players.

My wife seems to have filed the manual for my Pioneer DV717 in the bin. Don't you just hate it when they do that! :mad:

There's a couple of things I want to check and could really do with info on the 2 SCART ports - which one is the RGB out (AV1 I assumed) and whether that needs to be enabled as RGB). I've had the player for years now, but have only used the s-video out previously.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Falconer

Falconer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, on page 62 of the manual it says you can configure the AV1 scart output as video, s-video or RGB and that AV2 cannot be set like this. So that confirms your theory.

I believe you need a disc loaded, press STOP if it has started ,press MENU and go to the "main" section when you will find the "AV1 output" setting...

:cool:

4. sharkbait

sharkbait

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply guys. Job done.

Nathan ... not sure which link was the most useful ... :rotfl:

Falconer ... perfect instructions ... better than the manual methinks.

The RGB is definitely an improvement over the s-video I was using previously. Many thanks for the advice.