1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV29 Display Problem with DVD-A

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by VoltronUS, Feb 1, 2005.

1. VoltronUS

VoltronUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a DV29 connected to a plasma display by HDMI. I have learned that the display has to be on before the DVD-A starts, or some kind of trigger signal over the HDMI restarts the DVD for some reason. That was discussed in an earlier thread. My continuing but not consistent problem is this: After I hit play on the DV29 with the display already on and tuned to the right input, the video display starts up, I can make selections from the menu, etc., but as soon as I select "play" the video display will freeze for a second and then cut out altogether. The music plays but the still pictures or song information that I know are there will not be displayed. And this flaw will happen one time I play a disc and then not happen the next time I play the same disc. It seems--sometimes--that stopping the disc and turning off the DV29 will make a difference.

Anyone else experience this kind of behavior? :confused:

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    I haven't had any problems running my DV29 via HDMI/DVI to me Sharp projector.

3. VoltronUS

VoltronUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Crusty. Other than sending this question to Arcam support, I am also thinking about trying the component connection to see if the same thing happens.