DV29 and Loewe Xelos SL32 HD+ HDMI issues

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bill4, Mar 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Bill4

Bill4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,

I'm having a strange problem when I connect my DV29 via HDMI-DVI cable to my Xelos SL32 LCD TV.

1. Picture is shifted to the left by 2". Having a black bar on the right.
    2. I can see the next frame at the bottom of the screen (about 3/4" tall).
    3. Xelos SL32 indicates 800x600 resolution as the incoming signal.

My current software is v5.25.

When my Denon amp (AVC11XV) is connected to the TV and I press setup on the amp remote, picture is shifted to the right by about 1/2 screen so I cant see the text.

Is my DV29 faulty? My TV faulty?

I would like to play DVD-Audio from my DV29 trough the Denon amp. In order to do this, the DV29 has to be set to 'Multichannel Audio HDMI'.

What is the correct setting on the DV 29 so my amp can deal with DVD-Audio over HDMI?

a. Progressive scan ON
    b. Force DVI OFF
    c. HDMI/DVI RGB

DV29 looses Multichannel Audio setting and reverts to Bitstream Multichannel.

Can someone please tell me this is a firmware or software issue on the DV29 or is it my TV at fault? Is it aknown issue? Will an upgrade to v5.26 helps?

All I would like is set the DV29 to HDMI Multichannel audio output so it can cope with normal DVDs as well as DVD-Audio and connect it to my amp that can extract sound from the HDMI cable. And of course non of this picture shifting or compressing issues.

Thanks in advance

Bill

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    My experience of both units would suggest to me that it is very likely to be the Loewe at fault. I cannot suggest a particularly elegant solution to this problem, suffice to say that I no longer sell Loewe televisions and would turn down a sale for one when asked.

3. Greggles

Greggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I recently purchased an ex-dem Loewe A32 for the bedroom but before installed it therein, I plugged it into my main system in the living room, to give it a "workout". I found the HDMI connection to be a little temperamental and I needed to fiddle with the (QED) cable to get a stable picture from my DV29. Apparently this is not unusual for the brand! I should say that once working properly it had a very good picture.

As the Loewe DVD player in the bedroom (which came free with the TV) lacks HDMI, I use component progressive video anyway.

4. Bill4

Bill4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thank you both.

I don't think it's the DVI connection on the TV, as it worked before and I never had any problem with it when the DV29 was connected to it.

Since the DV29 as well as the Amp. on it's own gives similar symptoms, I think it's the TV that is faulty.

Is there a master reset that may cure my problem, or do I need an engineer out to fix it?

I can get into the Service menu, but not sure how to adjust the X, Y picture offset to correct for the shift on DVI connection only.
    Normal TV pictures from the built in TV tuners (analogue & Digital) are fine.

Bill

5. Dom996

Dom996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I have also had problems with Arcam DVD Players and Loewe Xelos SL series. Quite often getting no picture over HDMI/DVI at all. As yet there seems to be no solid answer. However if you are getting a picture, you can adjust the picture position in the Loewes menu.

6. Bill4

Bill4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Adjusting the picture position within the Loewe menu is not a problem, but it alters the picture position globaly.

I only need to adjust the picture position for the DVI input, not for normal digital/analogue TV as this one is OK.

Is there a master reset for Loewe TVs? Can the picture position be adjusted just for the DVI input?

Thanks

Bill